Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of working with Clear Voice Interpreting Services
General Provision by Clear Voice Interpreting Services:
(Clear Voice Interpreting Services is the trading name of Migrant Help Trading limited and is known throughout these Terms and Conditions as ‘Clear Voice’)
- Clear Voice will endeavour to provide the most suitable interpreter in a timely manner.
- Clear Voice will send a Booking Confirmation Form to the client containing all the details about the face-to-face interpreting session when a suitable interpreter has been confirmed.
- If Clear Voice is unable to provide an interpreter/translator, it may outsource to a trusted second-tier provider. Clear Voice will remain the key point of contact for the client.
- Clear Voice will regularly review its performance and will work to the best of its ability to ensure a high-quality service at all times.
- Clear Voice records calls for quality and monitoring purposes of telephone interpreters. Calls are randomly sampled to assess the level of service provided by the interpreters, unless specified by our clients to not do so.
- Call recordings are retained for a maximum of 91 days.
- Clear Voice will deal with any enquiries or complaints in a swift, impartial and thorough manner.
- Clear Voice welcomes feedback and will always value client opinions and suggestions.
- Clear Voice accepts no responsibility or liability for any accidental loss or damage caused by the work of the interpreter or translator, or through loss of service due to matters beyond the control of Clear Voice.
- Clear Voice will always provide the client with a quote before undertaking any translation work and will only proceed once a quote has been agreed by the client. Once a translation is confirmed we will progress with the job and invoice on completion. Translations cannot be cancelled once translators have been engaged.
Allocation and Cancellation of Bookings:
- There are no cancellation fees or minimum charges for the Instant Telephone Interpreting Service. It is a pay-as-you-go service and clients will only pay for what they use.
- Clear Voice will allocate a booking taking into account the information that is given to it by the client and their requirements.
- Clients will be charged for the full time requested on the booking, even if the session finishes early.
- For face-to-face bookings, the minimum charge is an hour. After each full hour, we charge in increments of 15 minutes, i.e. if a booking lasts for 2 hours and 10 minutes, we will charge for 2 hours and 15 minutes (the increment element). Clear Voice always work to keep an interpreter’s travel time to a minimum and allocate face-to-face sessions accordingly.
- A full cancellation fee applies to all face-to-face, video and telephone interpreting bookings that have been cancelled giving less than 24 hours’ notice. All cancelled bookings falling under these criteria will be paid in full. A further charge will be made if the interpreter has already incurred expenses (e.g. travel ticket purchased).
Client’s Duties and Responsibilities:
- Once issued, the security of their unique PIN number(s) becomes the responsibility of the client.
- Clients must provide clear information about the nature of a booked session in a timely manner so that Clear Voice can inform the interpreter(s).
- Clients shall not request that interpreters undertake any duties other than those agreed at the time of booking. Any duties exceeding those that were originally requested must be agreed with Clear Voice prior to being carried out.
- Clients must not engage with interpreters directly or indirectly for interpreting duties other than through Clear Voice.
- Clients must take all reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of the interpreter.
- If a pre-booked session over-runs it is both the client’s and the interpreter’s responsibility to agree the time it over-ran by.
- Clients should inform Clear Voice if they are aware of any legal or professional requirements or risks related to the service.
- Payment of invoices is due within 28 days from the date of issue. Clients must notify Clear Voice immediately of any errors in an invoice,
- Clients understand that rates can be reviewed.
- Clear Voice may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate its service should the client’s conduct fail to conform to these duties and responsibilities.
- Clients may terminate the service and their contract at any time.
By using Clear Voice Interpreting Services, the client agrees to these Terms and Conditions.