Our Policies & Terms
Clear Voice Statements
Terms & Conditions
At Clear Voice we are committed to protecting your privacy and being transparent about how we use your data. We will only use the information we collect about you lawfully. This, together with our website terms and conditions, tells you about what we collect and how we use and store your personal information.
If you have any queries about our privacy statement, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear Voice Interpreting Services is the trading name of Migrant Help Trading Limited, and all profits go back into its parent charity Migrant Help.
Clear Voice’s expertise offers:
- Comprehensive range of languages
- Fast and easy to use service
- No set up charges
- Culturally sensitive approach
- Professional, reliable and experienced linguists
- Ethical choice – all profits go back into the Migrant Help charity
How we collect information from you
Clear Voice provides the following core services:
- Instant telephone interpreting
- In-app telephone interpreting
- Face-to-face interpreting
- Translation services
Services can be accessed and/or booked via telephone, app, email and website portal.
Some of the information you give to us will be held on central systems and accessed by authorised staff only.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
Any information we collect about you will:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain
conditions are met
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner
incompatible with that purpose
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- Be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction
- Not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
Customers and organisations
Customers and organisations requiring an interpreting/translation service from Clear Voice must complete an Account Registration form.
If you book, use or purchase a service with Clear Voice, we will collect and store this onto our secure database.
Data and documentation will be retained for a period of seven years beyond the last date of entry on the records. Any paper documentation is disposed of by secure shredding. Electronic files will be deleted securely by the IT Department.
New suppliers will complete a Contract of Supply. The Contract, application forms, references, contact details and bank details are kept electronically.
Once the contract is complete, documentation will be retained for a period of seven years beyond the last date of entry on the records. Any paper documentation is disposed of by secure shredding. Electronic files will be deleted securely by the IT Department.
Making a Complaint
Clear Voice has a complaints procedure for their services. Complaints must be reported in writing either via an email or using the contact us form which can be found on our website.
How we keep your data safe and who has access
Clear Voice ensures that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained personnel.
We may use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf. We do comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they have collect or have access to.
If you have any queries about this statement please contact the Director at Clear Voice, Charlton House, Dour Street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1AT or email email@example.com
Using our website
What are cookies?
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to prevent cookies being stored. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. Typing: “How do I disable cookies” into any popular search engine will give you a list of pages showing you how to do this in your own Internet browser.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site will not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
IP addresses may be collected by analytical systems when connecting to our website and are not linked to individuals.
Your right to know what data we keep, how to make changes or ask us to stop using your data
Customers have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them by Clear Voice.
- Any private client who wishes to exercise this right should contact the Director in writing using the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The organisation aims to comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible but will ensure that it is provided within 30 days as per the GDPR guidelines. This can be extended where requests are complex or numerous, but the individual must be notified within one month of the receipt of the request and given an explanation why the extension is needed.
Under the DPA we process data under the “conditions for processing”. Under the GDPR, this is our “lawful basis” for processing personal data. This policy documents our lawful basis. The lawful basis for processing data can include:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- Processing is necessary for purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a
third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
The conditions for special categories of data, formerly known as sensitive data are:
- Explicit consent of the data subject, unless reliance on consent is prohibited by EU or Member State law
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security, social protection law or a collective agreement
- Processing necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject where the subject is
incapable of giving consent
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
- Processing is necessary for the assessing the working capacity of the employee
- Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health
Legal basis for processing
We rely on the following legitimate interest for processing:
- Provide services to customers
- Evaluate service delivery
- Market to potential customers
In regard to special categories, we will seek consent to collect, store and process their data.
In addition, in regard to special categories, processing is necessary for the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Terms and Conditions of working with Clear Voice Interpreting Services
General Provision by Clear Voice Interpreting Services (Clear Voice Interpreting Services is the trading name of Migrant Help Trading limited and is known throughout these Terms and Conditions as ‘Clear Voice’):
- Clear Voice will endeavour to provide the most suitable interpreter in a timely manner.
- Clear Voice will send a Booking Confirmation Form to the client containing all the details about the face-to-face interpreting session when a suitable interpreter has been confirmed.
- If Clear Voice is unable to provide an interpreter/translator, it may outsource to a trusted second-tier provider. Clear Voice will remain the key point of contact for the client.
- Clear Voice will regularly review its performance and will work to the best of its ability to ensure a high-quality service at all times.
- Clear Voice records calls for quality and monitoring purposes of telephone interpreters. Calls are randomly sampled to assess the level of service provided by the interpreters, unless specified by our clients to not do so.
- Clear Voice will deal with any enquiries or complaints in a swift, impartial and thorough manner.
- Clear Voice welcomes feedback and will always value client opinions and suggestions.
- Clear Voice accepts no responsibility or liability for any accidental loss or damage caused by the work of the interpreter or translator, or through loss of service due to matters beyond the control of Clear Voice.
- Clear Voice will always provide the client with a quote before undertaking any translation work and will only proceed once a quote has been agreed by the client. Once a translation is confirmed we will progress with the job and invoice on completion. Translations cannot be cancelled once translators have been engaged.
Allocation and Cancellation of Bookings:
- There are no cancellation fees or minimum charges for the Instant Telephone Interpreting Service. It is a pay-as-you-go service and clients will only pay for what they use.
- Clear Voice will allocate a booking taking into account the information that is given to it by the client and their requirements.
- Clients will be charged for the full time requested on the booking, even if the session finishes early.
- For face-to-face bookings, the minimum charge is an hour. After each full hour, we charge in increments of 15 minutes, i.e. if a booking lasts for 2 hours and 10 minutes, we will charge for 2 hours and 15 minutes (the increment element). Clear Voice always work to keep an interpreter’s travel time to a minimum and allocate face-to-face sessions accordingly.
- A full cancellation fee applies to all face-to-face, video and telephone interpreting bookings that have been cancelled giving less than 24 hours’ notice. All cancelled bookings falling under these criteria will be paid in full. A further charge will be made if the interpreter has already incurred expenses (e.g. travel ticket purchased).
Client’s Duties and Responsibilities:
- Once issued, the security of their unique PIN number(s) becomes the responsibility of the client.
- Clients must provide clear information about the nature of a booked session in a timely manner so that Clear Voice can inform the interpreter(s).
- Clients shall not request that interpreters undertake any duties other than those agreed at the time of booking. Any duties exceeding those that were originally requested must be agreed with Clear Voice prior to being carried out.
- Clients must not engage with interpreters directly or indirectly for interpreting duties other than through Clear Voice.
- Clients must take all reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of the interpreter.
- If a pre-booked session over-runs it is both the client’s and the interpreter’s responsibility to agree the time it over-ran by.
- Clients should inform Clear Voice if they are aware of any legal or professional requirements or risks related to the service.
- Payment of invoices is due within 28 days from the date of issue. Clients must notify Clear Voice immediately of any errors in an invoice,
- Clients understand that rates can be reviewed.
- Clear Voice may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate its service should the client’s conduct fail to conform to these duties and responsibilities.
- Clients may terminate the service and their contract at any time.
By using Clear Voice Interpreting Services, the client agrees to these Terms and Conditions.